Saturday, January 28, 2012

Greenhills shopping center, Manila

Today I went with a couple of other Concur folks to Greenhills shopping center.  As with most places around here, it's a big mall, only there is this whole other part in the middle where you can find knock-off purses and shoes.  There's also clothes, trinkets, gifty stuff, and home goods.  It reminded me a bit of shopping in Mexico, where they say a price, but can easily be talked down.  I found myself a small purse I can wear cross-body to reduce the chance of someone snagging my purse from me.  I don't think it's a knock off brand though... I paid PHP400, which is a little less than $10.

Here are a few shots from around the market.
Shoes!

Lanterns and such... I really liked some of these, but packing them in a suitcase would suck.

Asian style stuff-


It's a busy place.

With everything you wouldn't think of.  Dog statue anyone? 

There was a nice garden area within the maze of the place.  Lots of palms and such.  I'm going to go back and find some real plants for my place.






We were told that there would be guys around asking if you want to buy DVDs.  And they weren't kidding, those guys were relentless.  I spent a little too long looking at one guy's list that he snatched it from me and tried (and failed) to walk quickly away from the policeman that spotted us... We ended up following this other fellow to an alley (eek!) where they had tons of boxes of DVDs for sale - movies and TV series.  They swarmed us there!  It was a bit nerve-wracking but I didn't feel afraid, just claustrophobic.  I purchased seasons 1 and 2 of Sons of Anarchy.  I paid PHP300, or $7.00... ! That's all I have to say about that...


We had lunch at a nice little bistro - the dessert was so pretty, I had to take a pic :)
What's with me and taking pictures of food?!  (LOL, Shawna ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment