Saturday, January 14, 2012

Day One

Welcome to my new blog!  This is where you can keep up with my adventures while I'm here in Manila, Philippines.  I've never done this before so I hope I don't suck at it!

It's my second morning here.  I should be sleeping since it's 4am, but I'm wide awake...

I think I'll start with my little adventure that was my connection in Honolulu.  Hawaii is beautiful, I would love to go back for a vacation!  Travel tip: if you are traveling with more bags than you can manage, I do not recommend a connection longer than 4 hours as you will need to collect your bags and then re-check them for your connecting flight.  That was a pain in the ass!

I stayed at the Doubletree Waikiki, which suited me just fine as it is within walking distance to the beach, was well appointed and comfortable.

I met up with an old high school friend, Justin, and his family.  I think it's been at least 10 years since I last saw him (at Freedom in Hudson), so it was really nice to see him and meet his wife and kids.  As most of you know, I'm not much for kids, but Johnny Danger won me over!  Also, Jen is awesome.  :)

I took some pictures on my walk to the beach.  Enjoy!

Aloha! 
Beautiful beach

Diamondhead (volcano)

The beach is combed
View from my hotel balcony

Some common birds.  Anyone know what they are?

Koi pond

A perfect tree
Army Museum


No comments:

Post a Comment