Saturday, January 21, 2012

Getting a haircut in the Philippines

Ok, well I had a wax and haircut today at Emphasis Salon here in Rockwell.  I'm not very excited about the haircut, it's shorter than I would have liked, but I think I can work with it.  It's just different and I really could use the change, so I hope I'll come around to liking it... For those of you interested in the price difference - I paid $65 total for both services, which for me isn't much different than what I paid in the US.

My stylist was a handsome, soft spoken Lebanese man (with an awesome beard *swoon*) named Moussa.  What was a little different for me was that they seem to work in teams.  Moussa cut and styled my hair, and the other person washed my hair and assisted Moussa by sweeping the hair off of me periodically and handing Moussa tools like a brush or clip.  Another difference is that they don't have those chairs that can be raised or lowered.  Moussa is tall, so he sat in a stool for some of the cut. 

I'm off to explore outside of Rockwell, I really need some work clothes.  Since I was working at home, I didn't need much for work wear so I hope I can find a few things because I'm already bored with the options I brought. 

My haircut:

No comments:

Post a Comment