Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Making friends and encountering traffic in Manila

Today was a good day!  We got down to business with training at work, and I believe the people we hired all have promise.  Time will tell! 

After work I headed to the mall in search of either a hair dryer or a transformer so I can use the one I brought without blowing up the motor.  I opted for a blow dryer because it was a lot less expensive (the tiny blow dryer was $15 - versus the transformer at $70).  Then I checked out the health food store in the mall - and that was like coming home :)  I recognized all the brands (Braggs for example) and they even have a (very small) bulk section.  Prices are steep, but that doesn't surprise or sway me.  I'm munching on some delicious pistachios right now.  Nom nom nom...

On my way back from the mall, I saw a man walking a shih tzu, so of course I asked the guy if I could pet his dog.  We got to talking and then walked back to Joya together.  We both got off on the seventh floor and it turned out his niece lives two doors down from me!  They invited me in and she had a whole bunch of family there, so I met them all.  I love meeting my neighbors (I miss you guys!) and I'm hoping I've made a new friend as she looks to be around my age. 

I took a photo and some video of the traffic on the way home from work today - which really wasn't bad.  Check out the guy on the motorcycle in the video, this is very common to see... these people have balls of steel on the road!

Photo:





Video:



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your adventures with us. I sure would be happy not driving there reminds me of the video & photos people at my old job would show of India. Wishing you a good sleep!!

    ReplyDelete