Saturday, March 3, 2012

Corner Tree Cafe - all Vegetarian restaurant in Makati!

I made it my mission this weekend to finally try out one of Peta's top ten vegetarian restaurants listed on spot.ph called Corner Tree Cafe.  This is a quaint little restaurant on Jupiter Street in Makati that serves a variety of vegetarian, vegan and gluten free dishes.  It was so nice to have the option of being able to order anything on the menu - even the Filipino cuisine! 

I didn't opt for Filipino cuisine (this time), instead I was in the mood for a burger.  A Baked Tofu Walnut Burger to be exact.  Slathered with mint yogurt sauce (optional of course) and topped with lettuce and tomato and cheese, this was a filling burger.  I opted for greens on the side since our previous night's meal was lacking anything resembling veggies :)  I'll have to try their sweet potato fries next time.


Michele joined me for dinner, and she decided on the North African Vegetable Stew.  Made with eggplant, potatoes, zucchini, carrots, chickpeas and Moroccan spices - it's topped with toasted almonds and served on rice.  I liked hers better than mine - Moroccan spices are yum!

I was in the mood for a drink, so I tried the Icy Lemon Ginger Vodka cocktail.  It looks pretty, and tasted good, but they do not make it with enough alcohol...
The Corner Tree Cafe delivers - and I'm definitely going to use that, but I really enjoyed the atmosphere here too, so I'll be adding this to my regular rotation! 

No comments:

Post a Comment